1lb of ground beef or turkey (only use ¼ of this for the recipe, save the rest for leftovers)
2 cups romaine lettuce
¼ cup black beans, cooked and rinsed
Handful of cherry tomatoes
¼ cup of salsa
½ red bell pepper, chopped
For the taco seasoning:
4 tbsp chili powder
3 tbsp paprika
3 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
1. Mix all of the taco seasoning ingredients together in a jar, shake and set aside.
2. Cook ground meat in a pan on medium-high heat until it is no longer pink. Stir frequently. 3. Once the meat is cooked, add 3-4 tbsp of the homemade taco seasoning and mix well. Save the rest of the seasoning in a sealed mason jar for a later date.
4. Set the meat aside and only use ¼ of the meat for your dish.
5. In a large bowl mix the romaine, cucumber, black beans, tomatoes, red pepper, salsa and meat.
6. Top with ½ an avocado and enjoy!