Pork Tenderloin w/Apples & Onions
2 pork tenderloin
1 tbsp of avocado oil, coconut oil or olive oil
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp of fresh thyme (or 2 tsp of dry)
¼ tsp black pepper
2 apples, cored and sliced
2 onions, peeled and sliced
1. Rinse and dry pork. Season with salt and pepper. Brown in a pan with a bit of oil for 4-5 minutes per side.
2. Preheat oven to 425F.
3. Once pork is browned on all sides, set into a baking dish or small roasting pan.
4. Saute the onions and apples in the pan used for the pork and season with salt, pepper and half of the amount fresh/dry thyme.
5. Meanwhile, brush the browned pork tenderloins with mustard and season with remaining thyme.
6. Once onions are translucent (approx 3-5 minutes), place the onion and apple mixture on top of the pork.
7. Roast the tenderloins in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature 150F.
8. Remove dish from oven and cover with foil for about 10 minutes, allowing the temperature of the meat to rise. Pork is cooked when juices run clear.